Click on the cat photos to see individual details and – Please help them! We have everything you need to welcome your new companion cat, on sale at our Adoption Centre (Carry baskets, litter trays, toys etc)
To visit the cats available for adoption you need to be ready to adopt, the day you visit should be the day you adopt and as it is not possible that you pass through to visit all the cats, we need to know which cat you are interested in and we guarantee that the cat will be here for you to visit. Appointments can be made up to 5 days in advance.
Chats du Quercy is delighted to present to you the magnificent cats and kittens available for adoption in our Cat Adoption Centre in Miramont de Quercy(82).
Before finding new homes our cats are assessed daily by our cat behaviourist and receive weekly visits by our vet. They are also;
- Sterilised from 2 months of age
- Identified by microchip(a legal obligation in France)
- Treated for parasites
- Tested FIV/FeLV
Any donation you give is eligible for a 66% deduction on your French income tax
Our adoption fee is just 210€
We accept payment by card, cheque or cash
Our adoption conditions have to change during the confinement period, thank you in advance, for your understanding :
Your guide to adopting a cat from Chats du Quercy during confinement
The French government is now allowing adoptions to take place in registered refuges like Chats du Quercy, but under certain circumstances.
• You must first consult our website www.chatsduquercy.fr to view the cats we have for adoption
• After visiting the website (and in every case), call us to better discuss on 0563947397
• Once we have ascertained which cats may be the best option for your family, we will send you the links to their details on our website. You should take the opportunity to discuss within your family, which of these cats you would like to see when you visit our Adoption Centre
• Contact us by telephone to make an appointment to see your chosen cat(s)
• Please note that we stock everything you need to cater for your cats needs and that the day you visit must be the day you are ready to go home with your new cat companion, we cannot accept several visits.
As always, for more information don’t hesitate to call us on 0563947397, our gorgeous abandoned cats are waiting for you.
You should understand that kittens take a lot of looking after, whereas an older cat, even a young adult, will be much more calm and easier to integrate, especially if you work all day or have no other animals. At Chats du Quercy we always encourage 2 kittens to be adopted together.
Kittens before the age of 15/16 weeks need the company of other cats, and the education this gives. Quite often, kittens raised only with human company develop behaviour problems as they know no limits between species. These cats are the most often abandoned and the most difficult to place.
Chats du Quercy Adoption Centre is open by appointment during weekends, holidays and of course, during the week.
We now have a youtube channel “Chats du Quercy” where you can see videos of some of the cats in our care –
All of our kittens and cats are sterilised (from 2 months of age), vaccinated and microchipped(a legal obligation in France) before they leave us for their forever homes – just purrfect!!
Why not make an appointment today? Call us on 05 63 94 73 97
Chats du Quercy is unique in France. To our knowledge there is no other Rescue Centre dedicated solely to abandoned cats in FRANCE.
Every year we help on average 400 cats and kittens
With every adoption you will receive
- An adoption kit including a 400g sachet of Royal Canin food
- Advice sheets on how best to welcome your new companion.
- For the two weeks that follow the adoption you have free medical treatment and advice if required with our vet.
- Our cat behaviourist is also on hand to advise and help when needed.
You can follow us and our Quercy cats on our Facebook page –
We hope that you enjoy your photographic tour of Chats du Quercy, please realise that it is impossible to choose a cat or any other animal in this manner.
Before making your final decision, please consult adoption conditions in “How to adopt” .
Did you know that running Chats du Quercy Rescue Centre costs on average 10000€ per month?
The average cost to Chats du Quercy for each cat is 415€ – as an individual, this would cost you more than 600€.
Adoption fees serve a good purpose. The fees you pay to adopt are used in part to offset costs of caring, as well as the cost of vaccination, sterilisation, identification, etc. Perhaps most importantly, adoption fees serve as a screening measure, designed to weed out would-be cat owners who are unwilling or unable to spend money on their pets. Someone who can’t spend on cat adoption fees is also unlikely to be able to pay for routine veterinary care or even food.
A few more figures that may enlighten you –
• Chats du Quercy average monthly food bill is 1500€
– Chats du Quercy annual vaccination bill is 10000€
• Chats du Quercy average monthly litter bill is 600€
• Chats du Quercy spend almost 2000€ annually on flea and worm treatments
Before finding new homes, our cats have received weekly visits by a qualified vet and are;
- Identified by microchip
- Treated for parasites
- Placed under adoption contract
and depending on their age, they are also :
- Tested for Feline aids (FIV) and Feline Leukaemia(FeLV)
Any donation you give to Chats du Quercy is eligible for a 66% deduction on your French income tax
To visit the cats for adoption, please call us to arrange an appointment on 05 63 94 73 97
The vet services supporting Chats du Quercy are excellent, contact us if you’d like their details.