Placing a cat into our care
Chats du Quercy understand that personal circumstances can change.
Sometimes owners are faced with the heartbreaking decision of separating from their cats.
We aim to offer advice, look after and rehome cats that you can no longer care for, whatever the reason.
Please note that in France, there are a large number of owners needing this type of support, and we will help or advise wherever we can.
If you need our help please call us on 05 63 94 73 97.
You may have to leave an answer phone message if we are at work. Rest assured that your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Please give us as much notice as you can and remember that there can be waiting lists for spaces in pens. Please think very carefully before signing your cat into our care. Once the decision has been made and the cat rehomed, no details of the new owners can be released.
Message que nous avons reçu le 25 avril 2017 de Direction Départementale de la Cohésion Sociale et
de la Protection des Populations de Tarn-et-Garonne :
« Les Associations de protection animaux n’avez en aucun cas la capacité de recevoir des animaux d’origine inconnue (animaux perdus, chats libres etc …) »
• We deal mainly with emergency situations. (Each case is looked at individually)
• If your cat has had kittens, we recommend that after weaning (6 to 8 weeks) you arrange for it to be neutered, and find new, responsible owners for the kittens yourself. Cat and kitten identification (microchip) is mandatory under the French law!
• Cats can start to reproduce from as little as 5/6 months of age. It is now recommended that neutering of cats takes place from 3 to 4 months of age.
• Be responsible and prevent kitten births and the abandonment of Kittens: STERILISE!
• We are a voluntary association and we survive only through donations.
If you have found a cat or kitten and would like advice, please contact us on the telephone number above, and don’t forget to check on our Cat Care pages